10 Home Search Tips
- Use our Award Winning Search Engine, powered by Google, as your primary search tool. This becomes the backbone for your search for you and your agent.
- Make a list of your top 10 choices and drive by them before setting up showings with your Realtor – many properties can be eliminated with a simple drive by, thus saving a lot of time setting up a showing with the seller.
- Remember that seller’s usually require 24-48 hours notice before the showing, so be sure to tell your Realtor a few days in advance in order to leave enough time.
- If you attend an open house, and we encourage you to do so, be sure to give the agent hosting the open house your Realtor’s business card.
- Be honest with yourself and your Realtor about what you really like and what you really don’t. For example, many people say, “I’m open to a fixer upper.” The reality is, most people don’t want the hassle, time commitment, or financial commitment of a “fixer upper”.
- If you find a property you really like, get out of your car and walk on foot for 2-3 blocks in each direction to make sure you also like the area.
- Stay in close contact with your Realtor; be sure to tell your Realtor how you prefer to be contacted (voice, email, text, etc).
- Keep good notes – after awhile, you’ll forget what you liked and didn’t like.
- When you find “the one” move quickly to make an offer, because more than likely, someone else also feels like it is “the one”…even if it has been on the market for a long time.
- Have fun! We have a saying here at Thrive…”Never let the challenges of home buying steal the joy of home buying.”
Happy house hunting!
Click here to connect with a Thrive Realtor to help you find your home!