Distressed Property Sales
It’s an unfortunate fact that sometimes, life throws you a curveball.
When things don’t work out the way you had hoped, you could face an unexpected home sale. You may suddenly need to sell a home because of a death in the family, a divorce, or because job loss or other financial hardship has made it impossible to afford your mortgage payments.
A distressed property is one where the owner is having trouble keeping up with payments. Your Thrive Real Estate Advisor is here to guide you through every step of a distressed home sale. We’ll support you with compassion, confidentiality and the expertise to make your experience as smooth and easy as possible.
What to Do if You Can’t Make Your Home Payments
No one buys a house intending to be unable to pay for it. Similarly, no one anticipates a divorce, death, or job loss. Any of those situations is stressful enough. On top of many other challenges, the rules and laws, and therefore the methods of curing your situation, change rapidly. You may be dealing with collection calls or perhaps even threats of foreclosure.
The best thing you can do is contact us as soon as possible. Our consultation is completely confidential.
There are also a few things not to do:
- Don’t ignore the notices you get in the mail – they’re serious.
- Don’t pay for help. Hundreds of scams and no-good companies claim to offer “assistance” to struggling homeowners.
- Don’t waste time (and stress) spending hours on the phone with banks, getting transferred from this department to that department, from this rep to that rep.
Which Troubled Homes Can Thrive Help With?
Our REALTORS® are experts in the area of distressed property sales, and we take pride in our personalized approach to your individual situation. It’s not just another transaction to us. It’s your home and your life. We may be able to help if you:
- Are behind on your payments
- Have lost your job
- Have had a death in the family without a solid estate plan
- Foresee problems making your payments in the near future
- Are struggling to protect your credit score
- Are on the verge of foreclosure or bankruptcy
- Need a quick sale because of a separation or divorce
- Wonder what your options are
You’re not alone — many other Colorado homeowners are in a similar situation. Most are unsure what their options are or where to turn. We’re here to help!
How Thrive Can Help Sell Your Home
You may be surprised at what options we can provide to you as a distressed seller. One of the more effective ways to exit your situation is through a short sale. A short sale is where you sell your home for less than what you owe the bank.
The process can be difficult to navigate, but with our guidance we can remove a lot of the work and frustration people feel when dealing with their bank. Your Thrive Advisor:
- Uses our acclaimed Seller Advisor System to get your home sold quickly.
- Offers a single point of contact, always a phone call away.
- Returns calls and emails the same day, so you have peace of mind.
- Handles the entire sale of your home for you.
- Negotiates with the bank on your behalf, possibly getting the bank to discharge the remaining money you owe. Sometimes, we can even persuade the bank to assist you with moving costs.
Sound too good to be true? It’s not. Contact us for a no-pressure, no-obligation, private consultation where we truly listen to your individual situation. We’ll then see if we can provide an acceptable solution that will get you where you need to go.
What Others Say About Thrive Real Estate
Don’t take our word for it. Listen to our clients. Here’s how one client explained the relocation process, working with his Thrive Advisor:
“I recently had the very fortunate experience of working with the Thrive team. Our property had two substantial challenges – we were selling my father’s condominium after he passed away without him having all of his estate affairs in order, and the condo needed to be sold as a short sale. It was important to the family to bring closure to our father’s life in a way that honored his memory, which did not include having his home go into foreclosure.
This was not an easy task and one that would take a lot of effort during our difficult time of loss. I think we may have broken the record for the most amended seller’s agreements that had to be executed due to delays that arose from the estate issues! The Thrive team went to extraordinary lengths to make this happen with the least amount of impact on the family.
In the end, Thrive was able to successfully sell the condo and help us bring closure to our father’s life. Dave’s team went far above and beyond what we might have expected from a realtor with no connection to our family, and we wholeheartedly recommend his company.”
– Susie S.
Read more of our reviews and testimonials